- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (1-inch thick) slice French bread, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white
- 1 (28 ounce) can basil, garlic and oregano seasoned diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, for garnish
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Add shrimp and garlic
and saute until shrimp are just cooked. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp in bowl of food processor. Add diced French bread and cheese and
pulse several times.
- Lay one wonton wrapper on a work surface. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the
center, brush edges with egg white and top with another wonton wrapper. Press edges
down with the tines of a fork to seal tightly.
- Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers until all of the shrimp mixture is used.
- While you prepare the ravioli, bring a large pot of water and 1/2 teaspoon salt
to a boil. Bring the canned tomatoes to a boil in a saucepan, then reduce heat to
medium low. Simmer the tomatoes for 10 to 15 minutes, until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Boil ravioli for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream and nutmeg to the tomatoes.
- The sauce can be served chunky, or can be pureed with an immersion blender or mashed
with a potato masher.
- Top the ravioli with the sauce and some grated Parmesan or Romano and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes