Skillet Mac 'n' Cheese
Everyone loves macaroni and cheese. This is a fast, easy way to make it. The time from stove top to table is short.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil,
stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce
heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Add macaroni. Heat through, stirring constantly.
- Salt and pepper may be added, if desired.
Cook time: 20 min | Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes