Skillet Ravioli Lasagna
Refrigerated ravioli offers a fun twist to classic lasagna that's ready in 1/3 the time - no need to pre-boil pasta or bake for an hour. Truly a simple one-pan recipe for weeknight comfort food your family will love.
Variation: To make Extreme Cheese Ravioli Lasagna, prepare recipe as directed, except dollop 1 cup ricotta cheese by heaping Tbsp., over lasagna after first 10 minutes of simmer time in Step 4. Cover and simmer remaining 5 minutes.
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes, not drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can Contadina® Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese ravioli, uncooked
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Cut Green Beans, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a 3-inch deep 10-inch skillet or Dutch oven. Spread meat evenly in pan; remove from heat.
- Stir together diced tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 cups water and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Arrange half of ravioli evenly over meat. Top with half of sauce. Layer all green beans, half of mozzarella and then remaining ravioli, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 6 servings | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 25 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Del Monte