- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cut in bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- Grated parmesan cheese
- In large deep skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, saute first 4 ingredients.
- Sprinkle with salt; stir in water. Bring mixture to a boil; add spaghetti. Cook,
uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes until spaghetti is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and ketchup; simmer about 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Pass the Parmesan cheese.