- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 or 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet or electric fry pan, combine ground beef, chopped onion, garlic,
tomato sauce, tomato paste, tomato juice, water, chili powder, salt, pepper, sugar
and oregano. Cover; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add spaghetti; stir to separate strands. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes longer or until
spaghetti is tender. Stir frequently.
- Add green peppers the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve with slices of crisp French bread.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.