Spaghetti with Clam
and Bacon Sauce
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams
- Freshly-ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
- Boiling salted water
- In a wide pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp; lift out and set
aside. Discard all but about 2 tablespoons of the drippings, then add the onion
and garlic to the pan. Cook until onion is translucent, then sprinkle the flour
on top and stir in.
- Add wine, clams and their liquid, bacon, parsley and pepper.
Cook, stirring until thickened and bubbly, then set aside.
- Cook spaghetti in a large kettle of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes
or until just tender to bite. Drain well.
- Place in a serving dish and toss with the clam sauce.
- Pass the Parmesan cheese.
Serves 3 to 4.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.