Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- Grated cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- Gradually add spaghetti and salt to rapidly boiling water so that water continues
to boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender. Drain in colander.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook garlic in oil until golden; add remaining ingredients.
- Heat slowly and pour over spaghetti in serving dish.
You may add 1 cup chopped Spanish olives, if desired.