Spaghetti with Cream Cheese Basil Sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti or fettuccini
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons dry parsley
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- Cook the spaghetti in a big pot of boiling, salted water. When it is tender,
drain it well, and return it to the pot.
- While the spaghetti is cooking prepare the sauce.
- In a large bowl use a fork or
a whisk to mash together the margarine, basil, parsley and cream cheese. Mash it
until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the Parmesan, olive oil, garlic, pepper and salt
to taste. Continue stirring until it is creamy again.
- Add the boiling water slowly,
and mix until the sauce is the consistency of thick cream.
- Pour the sauce over the
cooked spaghetti, and toss together until it is well mixed.
- Serve in large bowls with a green salad.
Serves 6 or 7.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.