Spaghetti with Red Clam Sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans whole baby clams and liquid
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (No. 2 1/2) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a Dutch oven saute onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add tomato sauce,
tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until
mixture has cooked down about two-thirds and is very thick (about 2 hours).
- Add clams and their liquid, oregano and parsley. Cook about 10 minutes longer.
- Serve over hot spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes