Spaghetti with Ripe Olive Clam Sauce
- 3/4 cup canned pitted ripe olives
- 1 (8 ounce) can minced or chopped clams
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Drain olives and slice. Drain claims. To clam liquid add enough milk to make
1 1/4 cups.
- In a 1-quart saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, onion powder
and salt. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in milk mixture, keeping smooth. Cook
over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and boiling.
in Worcestershire, lemon juice, Tabasco, clams, olives and parsley; reheat.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Makes 4 servings; about 1 3/4 cups sauce, enough for 1/2 pound spaghetti,