Spaghetti with Shrimp Sauce
- 1/2 pound vermicelli or thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions (tops included)
- 1 pound frozen shrimp,
peeled and de-veined*
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Thaw shrimp. Cook vermicelli or spaghetti as directed on package. Drain well.
- Arrange in a shallow 2-quart baking dish sprayed with a vegetable cooking spray.
- Heat margarine. Add mushrooms and scallions; cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in flour, salt and paprika.
- Add milk and cream. Cook, stirring constantly,
until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in Swiss cheese, sherry and pimento.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over vermicelli
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place under broiler 3 to 4 inches from
- Broil about 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese browns slightly.
Yields 6 servings.
* One pound crabmeat may be substituted for the shrimp.