Spaghetti with Stuffed Peppers
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 (8 ounce)
cans tomato sauce or more
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound spaghetti, cooked
- Salt and cracked black pepper
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Place peppers in boiling salted water and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well and allow
to cool slightly.
- Beat egg lightly; add milk, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the onion, salt, pepper,
celery salt and sage and mix well.
- Add ground beef and mix gently.
- Stuff peppers
with meat mixture. Arrange peppers stuffed side up in a 2-quart casserole.
- Combine tomato sauce with remaining 1/4 cup chopped onion, garlic salt, oregano
and basil. Pour around peppers in casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes
to 1 hour.
- Sprinkle vegetable oil over hot, cooked spaghetti and season to taste with salt
and cracked black pepper. Toss gently.
- Arrange spaghetti on a large serving platter.
Top with baked peppers and spoon sauce over spaghetti.