Spaghettini with Burnt Butter
- 1 pound spaghettini or thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (pinones or pignoli), toasted
- Fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Begin cooking pasta. Cook the pasta to the al dente stage, following package
- Meanwhile, place butter in a heavy frying pan and cook it over medium high heat
until the foam turns slightly brown and subsides. Set it aside until the pasta is
- Drain pasta well, then place in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour the burnt butter over the pasta, and toss well to coat.
- While tossing the pasta, add the pepper, pine nuts and parsley.
- Place the pasta on individual plates and top each with grated cheese.
Makes 6 servings.