- 4 or 5 slices of bacon, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or whole tomatoes, cut up)
- 1/2 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked medium noodles
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook onions and ground beef in bacon drippings until no longer pink. Drain, if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, peppers, catsup (or sauce), salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Stir in uncooked noodles. Cook, covered, over low heat for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring frequently.
- Pour into serving dish and top with crumbled bacon.
Yield: 4 servings