Spanish Noodles 2
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Marukan Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces noodles, uncooked
- Heat oil in large skillet. Saute vegetables in skillet until golden brown and slightly transparent. Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet.
- Add meat and brown lightly.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Cover. Bring the mixture to boil over full flame. Adjust to simmer and continue cooking 25 to 30 minutes, or until noodles are tender, stirring frequently.
- Pour into serving dish and top with crumbled bacon.
Yield: 4 servings