Spicy Lemon Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti or fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers,
seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon kosher
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according
to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add
the lemon zest, garlic, and jalapenos and cook until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, lemon juice, peas, salt, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon oil
and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan, if desired.
- Toss well, and serve.