Taco Macaroni Skillet
Taco Macaroni Skillet. This creamy beef and noodle dish is perked up with green chiles, chili powder and tomatoes. Just add corn bread and green beans to complete the meal.
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) dried elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook beef in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes with juice, chiles and chili powder. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle additional cheese over top.
- Cover; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 20 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com