Taco Macaroni Skillet
This creamy beef and noodle dish is perked up with green chiles, chili powder
and tomatoes. Just add corn bread and green beans to complete the meal.
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced
tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) dried elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce
can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook beef in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently,
until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes with juice, chiles and chili powder. Cook until mixture
comes to a boil.
- Add pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally,
for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle additional
cheese over top.
- Cover; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins | Cooling Time: 5 mins standing
| Servings: 4
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé and meals.com.