Taco Spaghetti Supreme
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick and chunky-style salsa (mild or medium)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
- Stir in 1 cup water and 1 package of taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil, then
reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked pasta, olives, half the shredded cheese and salsa. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 2-quart round casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Makes 6 main dish servings.