Tomato and Basil Fettuccini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups (28 ounce can) peeled tomatoes with liquid
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in medium skillet until onion is tender, but not brown.
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces; reserve liquid. Add tomatoes, tomato liquid, basil, salt and pepper; bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain well.
- Immediately toss hot fettuccine with tomato basil sauce in large serving dish.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.