Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 1/2 cups finely shredded reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Cook macaroni; drain, and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole with nonstick
- In a medium bowl, stir together onions and tomato sauce.
- Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce mixture in the bottom of the prepared
- Place 1/3 of the macaroni in the dish, then top with 1/3 of the remaining sauce
mixture and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layering of macaroni, sauce and cheese two more times.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Garnish with tomato slices, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.