Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 cups finely shredded reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Cook macaroni; drain, and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together onions and tomato sauce.
- Spread a thin layer
of the tomato sauce mixture in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Place 1/3 of the
macaroni in the dish, then top with 1/3 of the remaining sauce mixture and 1/3 of
- Repeat layering of macaroni, sauce and cheese two more times.
- Bake for
30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Garnish with tomato slices,