Vegetarian Italian Spaghetti
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 10 green onions, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Dash red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked according to directions
- Cook and stir mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic, shallots, basil, oregano and
red pepper in hot oil in a large skillet until lightly brown.
- Add tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 45 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over hot spaghetti.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.