As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 to 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage or ground beef, coarsely chopped
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- Sauce: Put all the ingredients into a large cooking pot. Cover and
simmer for about 1 hour.
- Pass through a sieve; return to the pot, and season to your
satisfaction. Continue to simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Just before using this sauce, stir in 2 tablespoons of olive
oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Lasagna: Brown sausage or beef, then drain.
- Boil lasagna noodles. Drain and put a layer in a well-buttered
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese, then a layer
of sausage or beef and a thin layer of hardboiled egg.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Moisten cheese with some of tomato sauce.
- Continue in layers, finishing with a good thick layer of grated Parmesan.
- Dot with butter and bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm rolls or garlic bread.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Lasagna Recipes