Stove Top Lasagna
No need to heat the oven—this easy lasagna can be made right on your stovetop.
- 1 pound bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, cut in half, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 (26 to 30 ounce) jar chunky tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar Green Giant™ sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 3 cups uncooked mini lasagna (mafalda) noodles or medium
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Italian-style cheese blend or mozzarella
- 4 ounces cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, if desired
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium-high
heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir remaining ingredients except cheese and basil into sausage. Heat to boiling,
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.
Ground beef can be used for the sausage.
Add garlic toast and a Caesar salad for an easy, tasty dinner in minutes!
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 450 Calories from
Fat 180 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 45mg Sodium 1090mg
Total Carbohydrate 50g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 14g Protein 18g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 25% Calcium 15% Iron 15%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Lasagna Recipes