Serve this lasagna layered with broccoli and shrimp for a classic Italian dinner.
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen cut broccoli
- 3 tablespoons
margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces (1 cup)
shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 ounces (2 1/2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shelled, deveined, cooked medium shrimp
- Cook lasagna noodles to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; place
in cold water.
- Cook frozen broccoli until crisp-tender as directed on package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, onions, salt, dry mustard, thyme and ground red pepper.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is bubbly
- Remove from heat. Add Monterey Jack cheese; stir until melted.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain noodles.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking
dish, layer 1/2 cup sauce, 3 noodles, all of the cooked broccoli, 1/2 cup of the
Cheddar cheese and 1 cup sauce.
- Top with remaining noodles, all of the shrimp, 1
cup of the Cheddar cheese, the remaining sauce and the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 40 Min | Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Min | Makes: 8 servings
Nutritional Information 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 420 (Calories from
Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 12g, Cholesterol 165mg; Sodium 600mg; Total
Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 31g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25.00%; Vitamin C 35.00%; Calcium 50.00%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 4 Lean Meat; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: