Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- 12 pieces lasagna, uncooked
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless,
boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 cups low-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups
- 2-3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, water, hot sauce, vinegar and garlic salt.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute. Set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the sauce
over the bottom of the pan. Arrange 4 pieces of lasagna (3 lengthwise, 1 widthwise)
over the sauce. Cover with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Spread half the ricotta mixture
on top. Arrange another 4 pieces of lasagna over ricotta, and top with another 1
1/2 cups of sauce. Spread remaining ricotta mixture on top. Arrange final 4 pieces
of lasagne over ricotta mixture and cover with remaining sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover lasagne with foil and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Uncover lasagna, sprinkle blue cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes
- Cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pasta Association - pastafits.org.