Chicken Pasta Rolls
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles (about 9 ounces)
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and
rinse well under cold water. Place in single layer on aluminum foil.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken in food processor or blender; process until finely
- Heat a nonstick pan; add chicken, and cook 4 minutes or until chicken
is no longer pink.
- Stir in broccoli; cook until broccoli is tender, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg, chives, nutmeg, garlic and black pepper
in medium bowl. Stir in chicken mixture. Spread generous 1/3 cup
filling over each lasagna noodle. Roll up noodles, starting at short
end. Place filled rolls, seam side down, in a 10 x 8-inch baking
dish; set aside.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in
flour; cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth, milk and mustard, Cook, stirring constantly,
- Pour sauce over filled rolls; sprinkle with tomato.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set.