Creamy Vegetable Lasagna
Creamy Vegetable Lasagna is filled with colorful vegetables like red and green
bell peppers and zucchini. This creamy, cheesy and easy-to-make lasagna is perfect
any night of the week (and great the next day). It will soon become a family favorite.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters, then into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium bell peppers (red, green or yellow), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- 1 (26 ounce) jar prepared marinara sauce, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package or 12 sheets no-boil lasagna noodles, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and peppers; cook,
stirring frequently, until soft, for about 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook for an additional
2 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, 1/4 cup evaporated milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon
each of salt and black pepper in medium saucepan until smooth. Whisk in remaining
evaporated milk. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes
to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir 2 cups of
milk mixture into cooked vegetables; reserve remaining milk mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce over bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with
3 noodles. Top with half of the vegetable mixture. Top with 3 noodles. Spread 1
cup marinara sauce and sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Layer 3 noodles,
remaining vegetables and remaining 3 noodles. Top with remaining marinara sauce,
reserved milk mixture, remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden and bubbly on the edges.
- Let stand for
10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 35 min | Servings: 12
For extra flavor, add a bay leaf to the white sauce while cooking.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Lasagna Recipes