This is a favorite because you do not cook the lasagna noodles first.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meat
- 2 pounds ricotta or cottage cheese, mixed with 4 eggs
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce or homemade sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tomato sauce can water
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, UNCOOKED
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder and salt
- Brown meat. Drain.
- Add sauces and water.
- Spoon a small amount of sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place a layer of UNCOOKED noodles, one-third of the cottage cheese mixture, a
sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and one-third of the shredded cheese.
- Pour about one-third of the sauce over the top.
- Repeat twice more. Cover with more cheese.
- Bake, covered and sealed with foil (DO NOT LET THE FOIL TOUCH THE
CHEESE), at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
You can bake for 1 hour without the cheese on top, then put the
cheese on top and bake 15 minutes longer uncovered.