- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 pound low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles following package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil; saute onions and garlic. Add tomatoes and
spices; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Coat eggplant with a mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Pan-fry
in olive oil until tender. Add wine to sauce.
- Mix ricotta cheese with Parmesan, eggs, salt, and pepper to taste.
Spoon enough sauce to cover a 9-inch square pan. Add a layer of
noodles, then cheese, then eggplant. Cover with sauce; repeat. Sprinkle
top with remaining cheese.
- Cover, and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings