- 9 lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen, chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium tomato sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
- Add beef and onion. Cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Place mixture on a paper towel-lined plate; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, feta cheese, olives and 2 tablespoons mint.
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in prepared dish. Top with 3 noodles. Spread some spinach mixture over noodles. Top with some beef mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup tomato sauce over beef mixture. Continue layering with remaining noodles, spinach mixture, beef mixture, and sauce.
- Cover with foil. Bake until filling is heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mint.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings