- 2 packages kielbasa, any variety, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 soup can water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package large egg noodles
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan; saute the onion, garlic and pepper
- Add the pizza sauce, soup, tomatoes and water and bring to boil.
- Add kielbasa and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the noodles for 3 minutes (until semi-tender,
they will complete cooking from the juices while in oven).
- Drain and place into a 9 x 13-inch pan and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread the cottage cheese over the cooled noodles, then spread the
kielbasa mixture over the cottage cheese layer.
- Top with the cheddar cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes to thicken before cutting into serving pieces.
Yield: 6 servings