Peas, asparagus and spinach layered with herbed ricotta and baked with mozzarella
and parmigiano. There is not a more delicious way to get your veggies – and a healthy
dose of protein – than with this easy Lasagna Verde recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles (about 8 sheets or enough for 2 layers)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, well-washed
- 32 ounces part-skim ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 cups (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) asparagus, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiana
- 8 ounces mozzarella, grated, divided
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the lasagna noodles according
to package directions.
- Drain, toss with olive oil, and reserve.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the spinach in a large pan over medium heat. If spinach is still wet, simply
cover pan and wilt. If it’s dry, add 1/4 cup water to the pan, cover, and wilt.
- Drain spinach.
- When cool enough to handle, roughly chop it and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place spinach in a large bowl with the ricotta, eggs, garlic, zest, nutmeg, peas,
asparagus, Parmigiana and half of the mozzarella.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the noodles along the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Top with half of the ricotta mixture.
- Repeat with remaining noodles and ricotta mixture.
- Strew remaining mozzarella over the top.
- Place in the oven and cook until heated through (about 30 minutes).
Yield: 8 servings
An exclusive PastaFits.org recipe.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pasta Association
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Lasagna Recipes