One Pot Lasagna Pasta
Smaller pasta substitutes for lasagna noodles in this tasty One Pot Lasagna Pasta.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (24 to 26 ounce) jar garden-style pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces uncooked mini bow tie (farfalle) pasta (about 2 1/8 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Thinly sliced or chopped fresh basil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat ovenproof 5 to 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot
over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground beef and zucchini; cook for 8 to 10 minutes,
breaking beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta sauce, water and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pasta. Spoon heaping teaspoons ricotta cheese over
top of sauce. Slightly swirl ricotta into sauce, not mixing in completely. Cover
and bake in 375 degrees F oven for 10 minutes.
- Uncover. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until pasta
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Total Recipe Time: 45 to 50 min | Makes 4 to 6 servings
Skillet-Stovetop Method: Prepare recipe as directed above using 12-inch nonstick
skillet and adding uncooked pasta with pasta sauce, water and pepper in step 2.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and cook on stovetop
8 to 11 minutes (13 to 15 minutes for regular bow tie pasta) or until pasta is tender,
stirring once. Remove from heat. Swirl ricotta into sauce as directed in step 2.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until mozzarella
cheese is melted.
Test Kitchen Tips
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground beef should
be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Color is not a reliable indicator
of ground beef doneness.
Six ounces uncooked regular bow tie (farfalle) pasta (about 2-1/3 cups) may be
substituted. Increase uncovered baking time to 10 to 13 minutes.
Recipe developed by Oh Sweet Basil and The Beef Checkoff.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Cattlemen's Beef Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Lasagna Recipes