Pasta Rags and Salmon
- 6 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh pasta sheets or 1 pound dry lasagna noodles
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh salmon fillet, skin and bones removed, fish cut into paper-thin slices
- 1 cup diced, seeded ripe tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring water and the 2 tablespoons salt to a boil in a large pot.
- Add pasta; cook 4 to 6 minutes until al dente (if using dry pasta,
follow package directions).
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Do not rinse pasta.
- Put pasta in a bowl; add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add the 1 teaspoon
salt and remaining ingredients; toss again, adding some of the reserved
water if you prefer a more liquid sauce.
- Serve immediately.