Pumpkin Sausage Lasagna
Robust in flavor, this hearty entrée features a saucy secret. With a unique combination
of roasted garlic marinara sauce and pumpkin, the goodness of this festive dish
wraps itself around layers of noodles and savory cheeses.
- 1 (15 ounce) container light ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated
Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces sweet
or hot light turkey sausage, casings removed
- 3/4 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) container BUITONI
Refrigerated Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2
cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasoning in medium bowl; mix well.
- Heat large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring
to break into pieces, until browned.
- Transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add pumpkin, wine and broth to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently,
until bubbly. Stir in sauce and sausage; heat through.
- Spread 1 cup sauce mixture over bottom of 11 x 7-inch or 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread 1 cup ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle
with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Spread 1 cup sauce mixture over mozzarella cheese;
top with remaining 4 lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remaining sauce
mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Pour water around edges
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 50 mins | Cooling Time: 10 mins standing
| Servings: 6 to 8 servings
Can substitute BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce. If this is preferred,
add 2 cloves finely chopped garlic when cooking sausage.
Nutritional information: Calories: 380 Calories from Fat: 140 Total Fat:
15 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 95 mg Sodium: 1000 mg Carbohydrates: 28 g Dietary
Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 8 g Protein: 27 g
Recipe and photograph copy of Nestlé and meals.com.