Reuben Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons bottled chili sauce*
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry (divided)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen square cheese ravioli, thawed (divided)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion, including part of the green, plus additional, if desired, for garnish
- 6 ounces corned beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (about 6 ounces, divided)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make dressing: Combine mayonnaise, relish, chili sauce, onion and parsley; mix well.
- To make lasagna: Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread half of the sauerkraut and 1/3 cup of dressing on the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange half the ravioli on top and sprinkle
with remaining sauerkraut, green onion, corned beef, caraway seeds,
1/3 cup dressing and half the cheese.
- Top with remaining ravioli, dressing and cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onion, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
* Not Asian hot chili sauce; use the kind served with shrimp cocktail.
Source: Priscilla Yee, Concord, California, first-place winner, Steinfeld's Sauerkraut Recipe Contest, 2004