Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
The vegetables for this cheesy casserole can be roasted a day
ahead. Cool, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch wide slices
- 2 (8 ounce) zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch thick long slices
- 2 onions, halved, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packaged shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss together first 7 ingredients; arrange in single layer on 2 jellyroll pans.
- Bake until softened, 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, eggs and Parmesan.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce over bottom of baking dish.
- Top with 3 noodles, 1/2 of ricotta mixture and 1/2 cup sauce.
- Top with 3 noodles, 1/2 cup sauce and vegetables.
- Top with 3 noodles, 1/2 cup sauce and remaining ricotta.
- Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover with foil. Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake until melted, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Source: Woman's World - October 17, 2006