This recipe got its start from the Mueller's box. It's changed
a bit over the years but the basics are all there. You can use any
sauce you like. I just included mine when I typed it up. My Mother-In-Law
started with their basic recipe and it evolved a bit, then she taught
it to me when I first got married, and it's evolved a bit.
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground sausage or both )
- 1 regular can tomato puree
- 2 large cans tomato sauce
- 1 small can Italian flavored tomato paste
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Spices (basil, oregano, Italian seasoning and parsley)
- 1 pound ricotta
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- 1 pound mozzarella
- Fresh mushrooms
- Blanched spinach, optional
- Lasagna noodles (usually a box and a half)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brown meat in olive oil with finely chopped onion and garlic.
- Drain meat but save oil for sauce.
- Refrigerate meat until ready to use.
- Heat tomato paste in oil until it's thinned out a bit (5 minutes).
- Add tomato sauce, tomato puree, mushrooms, and spices. Cook over medium
for at least 4 hours.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, parmesan, parsley, and egg in a medium bowl.
- Cook lasagna noodles right before you're ready to put it together.
- Put a little sauce on the bottom of the lasagna pan so that the noodles don't stick.
- First layer of noodles go lengthwise in the pan. Make sure that they overlap.
- Sprinkle some meat on top of the noodles.
- Put a teaspoon of ricotta mix every few inches along the noodles.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella on top and cover with sauce.
- The next layer should go crosswise.
- Repeat until you use all ingredients.
- Place a layer of noodles on the top.
- Cover with sauce and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Heat in a 350 degrees F oven for about an hour.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine April 28 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Lasagna Recipes