- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
teaspoon dried basil
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups
(12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In Dutch oven, brown beef, onion and green pepper; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, oregano and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup of meat sauce in large skillet.
- Top with three noodles, cutting to fit as needed.
- Spread half of remaining sauce over noodles; sprinkle with half the mozzarella
and Parmesan cheeses.
- Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and Parmesan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat; cook for 35 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella; let stand until cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.