Spinach, Pesto and Cheese Lasagna
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 (7 ounce) package prepared pesto
- Oil to coat baking dish
- 4 cups bottled chunky pasta sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles from one 8-ounce package
- 2 cups grated Fontina cheese
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Blend ricotta and Parmesan in medium bowl. Season cheeses with salt and pepper; stir in egg.
- Blend spinach and pesto in another medium bowl.
- Brush 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish with oil.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in prepared dish.
- Arrange 3 noodles side by side atop sauce.
- Spread 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese mixture over in thin layer.
- Drop 1/3 of spinach mixture over ricotta by spoonsful.
- Repeat layering with sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and spinach mixture 2 more times.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and 1 cup sauce.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover lasagna with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with Fontina cheese.
- Bake lasagna until heated through, sauce bubbles and cheese on top is melted, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 8 servings