- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 24 corn tortillas
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix chili powder and sour cream. Set aside.
- Cook and drain the ground beef.
- Add taco mix, garlic, cayenne, and water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal in bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Place 6 tortillas in bottom of pan, overlapping and extending up edges slightly. layer
one cup salsa, 1/2 of meat, 1/2 cup green onion, 1/2 sour cream and 1 cup of each cheese.
- Repeat, starting again with 6 tortillas. Place 6 tortillas and remaining salsa on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.