Thanksgiving Leftovers Lasagna
Thanksgiving leftovers are transformed into a delicious lasagna with the
addition of spinach, light cream sauce and low-fat ricotta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups/28 ounces 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch each pepper and nutmeg
- 9 sheets/8 ounces oven-ready noodles
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 4 cups/1 pound chopped roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 pound spinach, steamed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup/8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup/4 ounces Italian cheese blend divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil and butter in skillet set over medium heat; cook onion,
garlic, sage and thyme for about 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle
flour over top; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to boil, stirring
constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for about 10 minutes or
until slightly thickened. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce evenly over bottom of greased 13- x 9-inch
baking dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce. Spread 1 cup sauce, half of the
turkey, butternut squash, spinach and ricotta over top; sprinkle with
1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers.
- Place remaining 3 noodles over top; spread remaining sauce evenly
over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden
brown and filling is bubbling.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Yield: 9 servings | Total: 1 hour 30 min
Calories 305 kcal
A Pasta Fits original recipe.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pasta Association