Three Cheese Chicken Bake
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté onion and green pepper in butter till tender.
- Stir in soup, mushrooms, milk and basil. Heat through.
- Arrange 1/2 of the noodles in a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Top with 1/2 of each of the sauce, cottage
cheese, American and Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat noodles, sauce, cottage cheese and chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- Top with remaining American and Parmesan cheeses and bake for 3
minutes longer or until cheese on top melts.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
I believe when I first got this recipe it also called for
a small jar of chopped pimiento to be added to the sauce part, but
I never have them on hand and can live with them or without them,
so I just deleted them from the recipe when I recopied it to a new
cookbook a few years ago.
Posted by kccaid at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.