Pasta and Pasta Sauce Recipes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound zucchini, sliced, with skin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 40 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound cottage or ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound UNCOOKED lasagna noodles
- In a glass bowl, combine oil, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, rosemary, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Turn back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, stirring once.
- In a microwave-safe, shallow 3 1/2 quart baking dish, spread 1 cup sauce. Cover with 3 noodles; spread with half the ricotta or cottage cheese. Drain vegetable mixture. Arrange half the mixture over ricotta or cottage cheese. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan; spoon 1 cup sauce over cheeses.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with 3 noodles spread with 1 cup sauce; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Cover; vent. Cook on MEDIUM for 35 to 40 minutes, rotating dish every 10 minutes, until noodles are tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before cutting.