Lasagna on weeknight? With rotisserie chicken and tortillas instead of lasagna pasta, this layered chicken and cheese casserole is ready in under an hour.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes, not drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can Del Monte® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 o) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and squeezed of excess liquid
- 4 (9- to 10-inch) flour or whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add thyme and cook for 30 to 60 seconds until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Combine ricotta and spinach in a bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cup tomatoes evenly on the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place one tortilla over tomatoes.
- Spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture over tortilla.
- Top with 1/3 of chicken, 1/4 of cheese and 1/2 cup tomatoes.
- Repeat layers two more times, ending with the fourth tortilla on top.
- Press lightly before spreading remaining 1 cup sauce evenly over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese and bake 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
Servings: 4 | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 30 min | Stand: 5 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: