- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans Star-Kist Tuna
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles, cooked according to package
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small curd creamed cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Drain 1 tablespoon of oil from tuna into medium saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, oregano, basil and lemon juice. Simmer
uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in tuna. Spoon a small amount of sauce over bottom
of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or shallow 3-quart casserole.
- Add layers of one-third noodles, one-third sauce, half the cottage cheese
and one-third mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat, ending with layers of noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 servings