- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) packages chopped spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cups cottage cheese, drained
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, shredded
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook noodles in boiling unsalted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until
tender; drain and set aside.
- Cook spinach according to package directions and drain well.
- In a saucepan cook mushrooms, carrot and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, olives and oregano.
- In a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, layer half the noodles, cottage
cheese, spinach, Jack cheese and sauce mixture; repeat the layers,
reserving about 1/2 cup cheese for the top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.