- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cook zucchini in salted water to cover until tender. Drain.
- Place 1/2 the cooked zucchini in a small ovenproof casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a little thyme.
- Spoon over the squash 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and the cottage cheese.
- Repeat zucchini, seasonings and tomato sauce.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
Yield: 2 servings