Angelo's Basic Red Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 small cans tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large saucepan, add oil and onion; cook ever medium heat until onions just
start to turn brown.
- Add tomato paste and 3 cans of water for each can of paste.
Stir until smooth over medium/high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add rest
of ingredients and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You can add fish, shrimp, sausages,
meatballs, chicken, mushrooms, peas, hard boiled eggs or whatever you want as you
are simmering, but keep in mind that it will alter the taste.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, mixing 1 cup of sauce in the pot of cooked and
drained pasta, so that the pasta won't stick together.
- Top with parmesan cheese
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com
Source: Recipe by Angelo Vento