Basic Alfredo Sauce
For one pound of pasta.
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- In large heavy pan place 2/3 cup of the cream and all the butter. Simmer over
low heat until butter and cream have thickened slightly (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat, and add 1 pound of cooked and drained pasta of your choice.
- Return to heat. Toss to coat well.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup cream, cheese and nutmeg. Toss again.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.